[vfb id=1]Text Datenschutzerklärung Homepage DUFOUR_EN_FINALText Datenschutzerklärung Homepage DUFOUR_EN_FINALThe protection of your personal data is one of Dufour’s top priorities. The collection, use and storage of your personal data do not infringe against the confidentiality of attorney-client communications (Article 13 BGFA (Federal Law on the Freedom of Attorneys) and Article 321 StGB (Swiss Criminal Code)) and complies with the Swiss Data Protection Act and, where applicable, the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
This Data Protection Statement explains how we may collect and process your personal data and the rights to which this entitles you.
1. Name and contact details of the controller
DUFOUR Advokatur, Dufourstrasse 49, 4010 Basel, Switzerland, is the controller responsible for all personal data collected or received by us during the course of our business activities.
2. Collection and processing of personal data
We collect and process your personal data as follows:
2.1. Legal services
The provision of our legal services entails the collection and processing of personal data pertaining to clients, associated persons, counterparties, public authorities, courts, third parties and other persons, as well as their respective representatives and employees. The type of data we may collect in particular includes the names and address details (e.g. your address, email address and telephone number), nationality, relevant business activities, previous positions, as well as information of any kind taken from correspondence, contacts and interactions with us. We also process information of any kind that is disclosed to or collected by us when providing our services. In exceptional circumstances, this information may also include personal data of a particularly sensitive nature.
We procure personal data from yourself directly, from our clients, from other involved persons, as well as from their respective representatives and/or employees. We may also receive or procure and process personal information from third parties, such as your employer, other organisations you may be involved with, supervisory authorities, government offices, courts, other law firms or other consultants. We also process personal data obtained from sources that are accessible to the general public.
We process this data so that we can provide our services to our clients, manage our firm’s business affairs (e.g. to implement administrative and organisational processes), monitor and analyse our business activities and improve our products and services.
2.2. Events and legal updates
We will use your address details to send you New Year’s greetings, invitations to events, brochures, newsletters and similar materials from DUFOUR Advokatur.
2.3. Visiting our website
2.3.1. Log files
When you visit our website at www.dufour-advokatur.ch, the browser installed on your device will automatically send information to our website server. This information will be stored temporarily in what is known as a log file. The following information will be collected without any action being required from your end and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- the IP address of the requesting computer;
- the access date and time;
- the name and URL of the file accessed;
- the website from which our website was accessed (referrer URL), browser type and, where applicable, your computer’s operating system and the name of your internet service provider.
We will process this data for the following purposes:
- to ensure a seamless connection to our website;
- to ensure that our website is user-friendly;
- to analyse the security and redundancy of our system; and
- for other administrative purposes.
Our legitimate interest results from the aforementioned purposes of data collection. We will never use any of the data collected for the purpose of drawing personal conclusions about you.
- Our website uses web fonts provided by Google LLC to ensure that font types on our website are presented in a uniform manner. When you access a page, your browser ensures that texts and font types are displayed correctly by loading the required web fonts into its cache memory. To do this, your browser needs to establish a connection to the Google servers. This lets Google know that your IP address has accessed our website. Google web fonts are used to ensure that our online services are presented in a uniform and appealing manner. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font type installed on your computer will be used. You can find more information on Google web fonts at https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq and in Google’s Data Protection Statement at: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
You can adjust your browser’s settings to block cookies or to warn you about cookies being sent to your computer. You may not be able to use all functions offered on our website if you have cookies deactivated. If you continue to use the DUFOUR Advokatur website without adjusting your browser settings, you are implicitly consenting to having cookies installed on your computer.
2.3.3. Use of the contact form
Should you have any queries, you can contact us using the form provided on our website. When you use this contact form, we will collect your name, address and email address. Additional information can be provided on a voluntary basis.
The processing of data for the purpose of contacting us is based on your voluntarily granted declaration of consent.
Once your inquiry has been completed, the personal data collected in the contact form is periodically deleted.
2.3.4. Embedded third-party services and content
Third-party services and content, e.g. YouTube videos, RSS feeds or images from other websites, may be embedded in our online services. This always requires users’ IP addresses to be disclosed to the providers, because they would otherwise be unable to send content to the respective user’s browser. The IP address is therefore a necessary prerequisite for display this content on our website. We endeavour to only use content of providers that use the IP address exclusively for the purpose of delivering their respective content. However, we have no control over whether these providers store your IP address for other purposes e.g. statistical purposes. Where this becomes known to us, we will inform users of this.
2.4. Job applications
If you apply for a position or careers event at DUFOUR Advokatur, you will need to provide us with your personal information and, if necessary, particularly sensitive personal data. By applying for a position with our firm, you grant your express consent to the use of this information. We will use this information to assess your application. We may also use this information to validate other information you have provided to us (including validating your references, background, identity, bankruptcy proceedings and criminal records).